Don Juan the web series

Welcome to the official blog of Lord Byron's Don Juan the web series. Here we will give information about the process of building a webseries dedicated to the poetry of Lord Byron. It is also the personal journey of bringing a vision to life. We will record all triumphs and failures here for people to see and experience firsthand what it is like to try and create a big project.

I am filled with the motto, ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE. There is so much to be thankful for. travel, interesting people, new experiences. This project has already done that, and for this I am truly thankful.

Why do this? Because the creative process sometimes is just as interesting or even more interesting as the project itself. We will strive to be as authentic as possible.  I have been at creative ventures for most of my adult life and I have always found that the most successful ones are based in true authenticity and not trying to reach for the stars but to wade in the reeds and lilipads of our own uniqueness.

I am so lucky to be a creative person and to be surrounded by creative people. I have an urge and a need to express and give that out to the world. It is a unique walk and full of dreams that are realized and ones that aren't. I will continue to give it my all through this process.

So, I will be honest. I'm scared and freaked out by this venture. But I'm still going to try my darnedest anyways. I've been working on it for a year now. More then as year if you count mounting the play at our theatre in 2011. I've written the first episode of the script. Had a read through, did a few more rewrites. Traveled to California to have meetings with my fellow collaborators and scout some locations. Then I traveled to Seville Spain in June to take pictures and scout locations and shoot some teaser material. I really believe in the beauty, power and impact of this project. That is why I continue to push forward.

I'm not alone in this venture. Alex Hillkurtz, Kirk Scott and Clara Bianchi have generously committed to join as Director, producer and Cinematographer respectively. These are all very talented people. They deserve to be paid for their efforts and we are going to fundraise to pay them. I am excited to involve them and to utilize their talents in this great visual poem.

So. again in the spirit of honesty, I am scared to involve people in a project that could have failure. At the same time it could have great success. Incredible success beyond what even I could imagine. You don't know until you try. But that is what life is about. Taking risks. Believing and taking the leap. Join with me as I take the leap. Let's finds out how a project of grand scale is made, and let's do it together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lord Byron's Don Juan update.